View high resolution
You guys, I’m watching this movie right now on Netflix and I FUCKING LOVE IT, I’m not even done yet but I had to come tell you all to FUCKING WATCH THIS MOVIE
I thought it was going to be your average mediocre gay twink exploring his sexuality blah blah blah fest but FUCK NO
IT’S A GODDAMN HORROR MOVIE
IT HAS WITCHES
SOME EVIL WITCHES AND ALSO TERRIFYING CULTISTS IN WICKER MAN MASKS LIKE HOLY SHIT IT’S ACTUALLY REALLY SCARY
BUT IT ALSO HAS:
- queer people whose sexuality isn’t a big deal
- a plot that neither revolves around their identity or tries to erase their sexuality
- Juno Temple as a perky succubus who eyerolls at dudes who say they’re a zero on the Kinsey Scale and then teaches them the correct way to perform oral sex on a girl!
- a main character who’s bi! A BI MAIN CHARACTER!!!!!
- WHO HAS SEX CASUALLY WITHOUT IT BEING A BIG DEAL!
- a love interest named Brennan Meija who is actually Carlos from Night Vale, like, he actually has perfect fucking hair, LOOK AT THIS DUDE AND HIS BEAUTIFUL HAIR
- ^ seriously what. what even.
- surprise twins! surprise mysterious parents! surprise (spoilery yet wholly expected plot twist that’s hilarious because this movie is made entirely of plot cliches, sex, and AWESOME)
- a dorm RA named Jesus who makes his students refer to him as the Messiah who pretends to be a stoner but is actually a BMW-driving covert op
- a soundtrack that somehow, by WHO KNOWS WHAT POWER OF HEAVEN OR EARTH, includes both Explosions in the Sky and Placebo
- PSYCHIC SEXUAL POWERS
- A VAST NUCLEAR WAR CONSPIRACY
- IDEK MAGIC
this movie actually fucking won the first ever QUEER PALM at Cannes in 2010 bc idk I guess the critics at Cannes watched it and were all like WELL SHIT THIS MOVIE IS AWESOME LET’S MAKE AN AWARD SO WE CAN GIVE IT AN AWARD so they did
oh and did i mention it’s by Gregg Araki, the director of Mysterious Skin???????
watch it watch it watch it it may be my new favorite movie ever