Online fandoms are now the popular media equivalent of the tech world’s early adopters. If you can get people to start blogging and tweeting about your TV show or movie, half the work is already done.
The good news is, your social media campaign doesn’t even need to be all that subtle. If you say that you’ll release the newDivergent trailer after a thousand retweets, a thousand fans will retweet you, cheerfully aware that they’re own Twitter feeds are being used for advertising purposes. Even fast food joints are trying to build their own fandoms, with Denny’s currently in the lead thanks to their inexplicably cool Tumblr presence.
Inevitably, there’s now a lucrative market for social media consultants who can engineer online fandoms from scratch, with the fans as willing participants in the deal. It’s an “if you build it, they will come,” kind of situation. Fans want to show support for their favorite TV show or movie, even if they’re completely aware that it’s a cynical marketing ploy. In the era of Facebook communication, you are what you Like.
In a recent episode of PBS documentary series Frontline, Douglas Rushkoff took a look at various social media fandoms from the ground up. With YouTube star Tyler Oakley at the most organic end of the popularity scale and the Hunger Games movies as the most professionally cultivated example, all of those fandoms had one thing in common: a desire to feel closer to your idols, even if the most tangible sign of that relationship is a retweet.
Hi! Can you please help me with my fic search? I'm looking for Erwin/Levi fic, art and/or doujin featuring an unhealthy relationship between them. I see many shippers talking about the abundance of fics where Erwin is an asshole to Levi, and I just can't find those at all. Abusive dynamics, non-con, dub-con, Stockholm Syndrome... these are all more than welcome. It's probably a hopeless search, though... ._.
I don’t know how helpful this will be, but here’s the Levi/Erwin tag on AO3 filtered with noncon, with abusive, and with dubcon tags (the last search also filters out Levi/Eren).
I haven’t read much (or any) SnK fic but I know some of my Tumblr followers have, and I know plenty of them ship Levi/Erwin so hopefully they can help! :)
1) Food. As the first of the laws, food may not be conjured, created or generate in any way shape or form.
2) Money. Similar to food, Money may not be created out of thin air. Contradictory to muggle belief, magical laws governing money prevent it from being created, moved or altered by magic
3) Life. The most prime principle of magic; there is no spell to reawaken the dead.
4) Knowledge. You cannot know something you’ve never heard of. Therefore, as the fourth exception, knowledge can be neither conjured nor generated by magic. Proof of this fact lies in that Aurors are unable to conjure the location of criminals, nor students conjure up the necessary knowledge to pass tests and the sort.
5) Love. The fifth exception is love. “Love Potions” are misleading in that they claim to generate love, however they do in fact only generate a deep sense of lust or desire. There is no way to conjure or generate love – it must be created from within.
The 5 Exceptions to Gamp’s Law of Elemental Magic; Transfigurations 101, Lesson 1.
“People don’t like her because it’s the making of her, right now. When she, sometime soon in the future, becomes this person that she’s been kind of building up to, for the past three seasons, now four, then people will really begin to root for her. I think even the audience doesn’t realize she’s such a dark horse. If she acted badass and tried to kill everyone there, she would be dead by now! She’s so intelligent, and I can’t stress that enough. Courtesy is a lady’s armor. She’s using her courtesy to deceive people, and she’s using her former self as a facade, and it works so much to her advantage, because people still think she’s this naive, vulnerable, little girl, and she’s really not. She knows exactly what she’s doing. She knows what game she’s playing! And no one else does. And she’s learned from the best — Cersei, Margaery, Tyrion, Littlefinger, even Joffrey. She’s learned so much from these people, and they don’t even realize it. They’re unwittingly feeding her to become this great kind of manipulator. King’s Landing can either make or break a person, and in Sansa’s case, it’s making her.”—Sophie Turner, in response to Sansa hate (x)